Friday, June 18, 2010

Need Library Staff to Test New Patron Catalog

The last couple of weeks have been a blur. We've had our kickoff ILS testing meeting and now I'm immersed in the details. We've picked leaders to head testing for the various areas of the new library system. While my main responsibility will be organizing the project, I also chose to be the leader for the new patron catalog because it's my favorite ILS module (is it wrong for me to have favorites?).

Each leader will gather a group of staff together that can help with the testing. We're going to compile a list of features that need to be funcitonal and then develop a plan to test them and submit any problems so they can (hopefully) be fixed. In addition, each group is going to look at enhancements available with the new catalog that we may want to implement. For instance, the new version of the patron catalog should be able to show more DVD images in the search results.

My next steps are to identify staff that would be interested in testing the new patron catalog. If you are interested in helping, send me an email and I can explain more what would be involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment