Thursday, April 8, 2010

New Advanced Search Limits

Two new formats have been added to our advanced search page. You can now specifically search for both board books and ebooks.

Limiting by Board Books
My baby loves Sheep in a Jeep by Nancy Shaw. At the moment, we're limited to board books because I don't want to have to pay replacement fees for torn pages :) To find a list of other board books Nancy Shaw has written, I would do the following:

  1. Navigate to the Advanced page in our catalog.
  2. Next to Author Keyword enter Nancy Shaw. Note, since this is a keyword index, I can enter the author's name in any order I want instead of having to enter last name, first name.
  3. In the Format box, highlight Books - Board Books.
  4. Click the Red Arrow
  5. to start the search.
Here are the results.

Limiting by eBooks
The eBook limit will retrieve results from our eBook collections which include books from Overdrive, Safari Tech Books Select, and Netlibrary. Let's say I was interested in finding eBooks about using my iPhone. This is how I would create my search:

  1. Navigate to the Advanced page in our catalog.
  2. Next to Subject Keyword enter iPhone.
  3. In the Format box, highlight Books - eBooks.
  4. Click the Red Arrow
  5. to start the search.
Here are my results.

No comments:

Post a Comment